Taking care of the needs of a family
following the death of a loved one is a huge responsibility. Taking
care of your own professional business needs deserves much of the same
Our Comprehensive Commercial Insurance Program is designed in conjunction with the OFSA. The program is designed to meet the unique needs of the funeral profession and at Lackner McLennan we are committed to ensuring outstanding value.
We switched to Lackner McLennan over 20 years ago after receiving a quote from them. It was a fantastic business decision that ended up saving us tens of thousands of dollars. The savings continue to improve our bottom line and the service has always been of the highest quality. We could not be happier with Lackner McLennan - they have proven to be everything we could have wanted in a broker.
L. James Cardinal, President
Cardinal Funeral Homes Ltd.
MacKinnon & Bowes operates a fleet of 29 funeral related vehicles including limousines, hearses, vans and sedans from the Toronto location. For the last 10 years we have depended upon Lackner McLennan for our Automobile Insurance. We compared our coverage and rates with the customized program available through our Professional Association and found that we could realize both considerable savings and enhanced coverage with Lackner McLennan. Over the years we have continued to compare coverage and always find that we are best served with the Lackner McLennan plan. Cynthia Roth and her team of professionals provide comprehensive programs together with attentive and responsive service to round out the ongoing benefits associated with doing business with Lackner McLennan.
Allan Cole, Owner
MacKinnon & Bowes Ltd.
We have depended on Lackner McLennan exclusively to assist us with our corporate insurances since December 1994. We trust that our reputation of providing experienced service and advice will be of value to the families we serve. Our association with Lackner McLennan is based on the same foundation of a relationship with experienced professionals. Then always advise us from a position of knowledge and experience with our profession.
Reynolds Funeral Home
Past President, OFSA
- “All-risk” coverage for your building, equipment
and stock usual to your business operation.
- Loss of Business Income on an Actual Loss Sustained basis.
- Property of others held in your care, custody and control.
- Legal liability for the personal effects of the deceased.
- Computer equipment including software and media.
- Damage as a result of temperature changes associated with damage
to heating or cooling systems.
- Property while in transit.
Boiler and Machinery
Equipment breakdown for mechanical, electrical and/or pressure vessels due to electrical arcing, mechanical breakdown,
rupture or cracking.
Broad Form Money and Securities kept on your premises,
or as you are taking it to deposit
Commercial General Liability Form including broad
extensions Professional Liability you assume as a mortician, funeral
director or embalmer Liability assumed by you in the course of advertising
your business in periodicals, brochures, radio or TV.
Our Automobile Rates are competitive for all your
auto needs: Funeral Coaches, Lead Cars and Service Vehicles, including
vehicles for bereaved families.
Legal Expense Insurance
Legal disputes happen and when they do, legal bills can quickly run up to thousands of dollars. Legal Expense insurance will provide the means for you to obtain practical advice and priceless piece of mind should an issue arise with your business.
As a business owner with a Legal Expense insurance policy, you would receive:
- Free, unlimited access to a Legal Advice Helpline to discuss any business related legal matter (including tax advice)
- Cost coverage for all reasonable costs incurred in pursuing or defending a claim including:
- Lawyer fees
- Disbursements such as medical reports, expert witness costs and court costs
- Adverse costs in the event the judge finds in the other party’s favour
- Employment Disputes in Canada
- Defence from Criminal prosecution relating to your business
- Statutory license protection
- Tax Audit or appeal
- Telephone legal advice
Optional Coverage is also available for:
- Contract disputes related to the buying and selling of goods and/or service, including debt recovery
The policy is written for a 12 month period and is renewable annually. The limit per claim is $200,000 with a $1,000,000 Aggregate Limit for all claims within a policy period.
Call or email for your free no obligation quotation:
Tel: 519-579-3333 x 309
Tel: 519-379-3333 x 310
Lackner McLennan Insurance Ltd.
423 King Street North